A NEW DYNASTY OF CHINESE DINING
LAUNCHES AT HOLY DUCK!
Having firmly established themselves as Chippendale’s go-to fast-food eatery for fresh fusion eats, Holy Duck! relaunches this month with a new dinner offering that sees traditional Chinese meals modernised and reimagined.
Continuing to serve up their burgers and rice bowls by day, Holy Duck’s new dinner menu features an eclectic mix of traditional Chinese flavours united with modern Western delights. The new dinner menu of contemporary east meets west cuisine is a product of the combined culinary heritage of chefs Neo Ni, ex Billy Wong and Lotus Dumpling Bar, and Daniel Hu, who comes to Holy Duck! from one of Singapore’s finest French restaurants, Le Saint Julien.
Located within Kensington Street’s Old Rum Store, Holy Duck! is a joint effort between the father of Chippendale’s funkiest dining precinct, Dr. Stanley Quek and Kaisern Ching, creator of Sydney’s favourite contemporary Chinese joint, Chefs Gallery.
Kaisern Ching said, “We wanted to add a bit of sophistication to our dinner menu while maintaining that fun contemporary twist to Chinese cooking. We’ve carefully reinvented the new dinner menu and made sure that each item packs a punch.”
A scrumptious selection of dinner entrees continues to honour the humble duck, with an irresistible choice of duck, mushroom and vegetable spring rolls ($5), steamed duck and pork dumplings in Shanghainese spicy sauce ($12), and crispy rice balls with roast Holy Duck and seasonal salad ($12).
While a rice and noodle menu offers up modernised classics including stir fried rice noodles with wagyu beef ($18) and lightly battered king prawns on ee-fu noodles cooked in lobster bisque garnished with butter, ginger shallot and asparagus ($32).
Continuing to bring Chinese BBQ and roast to 21st century Australia, the new dinner menu boasts delicacies like roast Holy Duck deboned, served with 6 steamed pancakes, orange hoisin sauce, cucumber and shallots ($30), and crispy crackling roast pork belly served in a steamed pancake with Prommery mustard, cucumber and shallots ($5 each).
In China, coming together to dine with many is a treasured experience and Holy Duck! pay homage to this tradition with a specially designed menu of shared dishes, including: Sichuan style hot and numbing chicken wings ($20), Pork san choi bao with yellow pickle, chilli, basil and crispies ($20), Sichuan style crispy battered zucchini with a honey dressing ($16) and crispy whole chicken with ginger, coriander, shallot, chilli and garlic, sweet & sour sauce ($30).
To top off your dining experience, the new dessert menu combines Eastern ingredients with Western confections. White chocolate cheesecake stack with salted duck egg caramel ($12), Vanilla ice cream with banana crepe, banana fritters and Adzuki beans ($15) and Tropical coconut sago trifle with palm sugar shavings ($15) all offer sweet relief to a flavour packed dining experience at Holy Duck!
So get together a group and take flight to Holy Duck! for a fabulous evening filled with good company and great food. It’s sure to be a quackin’ good time!
Stay in touch with Holy Duck!:
Read on and Check the new offerings!
En t r é e
• Steamed duck & pork dumpling encased in a delicate pastry, drizzled with Shanghainese spicy sauce. $12
• Crispy rice balls with roast Holy Duck! & seasonal salad. $12
• Spring Roll with duck, mushroom & vegetables. $5
• Spanner crab with salmon roe, wild rocket, granny smith apple & seasoned seaweed salad. $18
• Double cooked pork belly flash fried with black beans & chilli, served with mustard sauce. $15
• Steamed scallops on sliced zucchini with golden garlic & fish roe, garnished with fried millet. $16 (4 pcs)
B B Q & R o a s t M e a t s
• BBQ & roast platter Roast Holy Duck!, char siu & pork belly. $45
• Roast Holy Duck whole $55 or half $30
• Roast Holy Duck deboned served with 6 steamed pancakes, orange hoisin sauce, cucumber & shallots. $30
• Caramelised sweet & sticky BBQ pork with green apple & sake sauce. $20
• Crispy crackling roast pork belly with pommery mustard sauce. $20
• Crispy crackling roast pork belly served in a steamed pancake with pommery mustard, cucumber & shallots. $5ea
S h a r i n g M a i n s
• Crispy duck served with 8 steamed pancakes, orange hoisin sauce, cucumber & shallots. whole $60, half $35 or qtr $20
• Crispy whole SPRING chicken with ginger, coriander, shallot, chilli & garlic, sweet & sour sauce. $30
• Sichuan style hot & numbing chicken wings $20
• Roast beef short ribs with jalapeño puree, green shallot kimchi, soy glaze. $36
• Stir fried wagyu beef with snow peas, baby corn, chilli in black pepper sauce. $22
• Pork san choi bao with yellow pickle, chilli, basil & crispies. $20
• Butterflied king prawns with XO sauce, capers & wild rice. $38
• Steamed orange Roughy fillet with sun-dried tomato & granny smith apple relish. $26
• Whole fish of the day with chilli sauce. $38
• Handmade salt & pepper egg & spinach tofu $18
• Sichuan style crispy battered zucchini with a honey dressing. $16
• Stir fried seasonal vegetables snow pea, baby corn, & asparagus. $18
• Steamed Chinese greens with oyster sauce. $16
R i c e & N o o d l e s
• Stir fried rice noodles with wagyu beef. $18
• Roast Holy Duck! fried rice with asparagus & mustard seeds. $18
• King Prawn on ee-fu noodles cooked in lobster bisque garnished with butter, ginger shallot and asparagus. $32
• Jasmine Rice $3
• Extra Mandarin pancakes $1ea
D e s s e r t
• Tropical coconut sago trifle with palm sugar shavings. $15
• White chocolate cheesecake stack with salted duck egg caramel. $12
• Matcha crepe & banana fritters with vanilla ice cream and Adzuki beans. $15
Information & Images Courtesy of Holy Duck/Matt Fraser-Cardinal Spin
Connie Lambeth – The Australia Times Gourmet – Food/Wine/Events