The Ultimate Callebaut Hot Chocolate
by Pascal Javier
Day 1 – Prepare the Ganache
GANACHE for HOT CHOCOLATE
- 750 gr. Cream
- 75 gr. Inverted sugar
- 500 gr. Callebaut Dark Bittersweet Callets 54.5%
- 100 gr. Callebaut Cocoa Mass Callets
- Boil together the cream and inverted sugar.
- Pour the hot cream and inverted sugar onto the chocolate and let sit for 3 minutes before stirring.
- After 3 minutes begin stirring from the centre, until a vortex starts to form. Once formed, slowly widen the stirring motion.
- Let the finished ganache sit out overnight.
- 1450gr. Cream
- 1450gr. Whole milk
- Boil the cream with the milk.
- Add the ganache created on day 1.
- Bring to 65C before serving.
Crafted in the heart of Belgium from Bean to Chocolate since 1911. Passed on from generation to generation, Callebaut’s love for the finest Belgian chocolate has no boundaries. Callebaut chocolate is relied on every day by chefs and chocolatiers around the country and the world to craft truly delicious creations.
**Recipe and Title Image Courtesy of Pascal Javier
**Information & Chocolate Images Courtesy of Callebaut Chocolate/Evil Twin PR
The Australia Times News
Editor GOURMET – Food/Wine/Events
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/tatgourmetmag