The Perfect Recipe for Your Long Weekend!
There’s no tradition quite like a backyard barbie on the family Weber-Q, especially on the nations most celebrated day – Australia Day! Why not try something a bit different this year; add some international flavours to honour our beautiful and multicultural country.
Direct from the rich southern flavours of Chicago, the Lillie’s Q range of sauces will become your barbeque’s new best friend and the perfect addition to your ‘Straya Day extravaganza. With distinct flavours, each Lillie’s Q sauce is 100% natural and gluten-free, and will elevate your outdoor (and indoor) cooking to a whole new level.
Make your taste buds sing to the sound of summer with a sauce for every occasion. The range includes Smoky, Carolina, Gold and Hot sauce. You can intensify the flavours even more with complementary rubs also available, or if you can’t wait for the meat to cook and fancy a snack, grab a handful of the Lillie’s Q Kettle Chips to keep you going!
For some Australia Day inspiration, Lillie’s Q also offers a range of moreish recipes, including family favourite Oven-to-grill Baby Back Ribs – it’ll be love at first lick.
OVEN-TO-GRILL BABY BACK RIBS
1/2kg – 1.5kg rack pork loin back ribs
¼ cup Yellow Mustard
1 cup BBQ Rub
½ cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 190c
- With a pastry brush, spread the mustard all over both sides of the ribs.
Generously sprinkle the rub all over both sides of the ribs.
- Place ribs in the middle of a double thickness of heavy foil cut 1.5cm longer than the ribs.
- Wrap ribs in the foil. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender (the two middle bones of the rack should start to pull apart easily).
- Remove ribs to a tray (discard liquid in foil packet). Spread the sauce all over both sides of the ribs.
- Grill on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 15 minutes, brushing with additional sauce every 5 minutes, turning once. Adjust heat as necessary to prevent burning.
**Recipe & Images Courtesy of Lillie’s Q
**Supplied by Evil Twin PR
Connie Lambeth – The Australia Times News
Editor GOURMET – Food/Wine/Events
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/tatgourmetmag